[Epic] Re: OT Fantasy wargaming

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 22:38:11 -0600

Tzeenecht_at_... wrote:

> << I'll send a working copy of the rules to anyone who can think of a
> decent name for it: it's been Tactical Fantasy Battles, Ultimate Fantasy
> and Fantasy Warlords so far.
>
> Thane >>
>
> I would really like a copy of it. What kinda big machines will be in it like
> the size tanks are in epic? Will cavalry come more to a base so you dont have
> to buy eighty boxes for it. What races will they play with.And why not call it
> "Empire Undestroyable"WHEW!!!!Thats alot of typing!!!
>
> Logan

  The only real limitation is what's available miniature-wise. I highly favor
Reapers 15mm fantasy line, but it is limited to Goblins, Undead, Dwarves and soon
to be released Orcs. Dwarves ride Bears and Rams, Goblins ride wolves, Orcs are to
ride Scorpions! Ral Partha and Rank and file are the only other two lines have
have anything decent to offer for fantasy miniatures, but both are also very good.
Human armies are available from many different lines; though Rank and File is my
current favorite for midievil. Several playtesters went with historical samurai
armies, then added a few mythological creatures to them.

Basing is by individual models, units are usually 12 to 25 models. Most blisters
have 10 to 12 infantry or 2 to 8 cavalry for $5.00 to $8.00. Units may opperate as
Rank and File, or switch to skirmishing, each with their own penalties and
benefits.

For good picture catalogs visit:
Reaper
http://www.reapermini.com/
If you visit this web page, be sure to write them an E-mail mocking them for not
updating their Web Page for 7 months.

Ral Partha
http://204.91.84.77/cgi-bin/RalPartha/_RP_10.html?426#BATTLESYSTEM(tm) 15mm
Miniatures:
Rank and File
http://204.91.84.77/cgi-bin/RalPartha/_RP_24.html?426
Tin Soldier (not too bad; definately a step above Irregular Miniature, Jacobite or
Minifig)
http://members.aol.com/eaglewars/private/15mm.html#SAM

Sorry for the non-Epic posts, but these minor acts of advertising are still
harmless.

I'll know in a couple of weeks I'm going to publish this on my own, or through a
game company. On my own will probably come out to be $10 -15 for a rules set,
spell list and army list.

Thane