RE: [Epic] Epic 40K

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 97 09:01:00 EST

>> >Pop-ups do LOS from the top of the intervening terrian.... no more
"see
>> >everything"
>> I don't understand. How high they go depends on how high
>> terrain near them is? If 'S' below is the skimmer, does it
>> pop up just high enough to be a little over the building in
>> front of it? So what it can see depends on how close it and
>> the target are to the terrain (the building)? (Can see T2,
>> but not T1.)
>>
>> *
>> : +--+
>> : | |
>> : | |
>> S | | T1 T2
>> --------------------+ +--------------------------
>
>Yes.
Apparently I _did_ understand. :-) But this is a change, that
instead of going up as high as they want, they go just high enough
to get over their cover, then see what they can shoot at.

>> >No but all units in a detachment must stay within 30cm of HQ unit.
>> Is that a HQ unit for the detachment, or a company
>> or army HQ unit?
>
>A detachment is the basic tactical unit in E40k. They take the place of
>companies + support, but they can vary greatly in size and makeup.
So there is an HQ unit per detachment, and all members of
the detachment must be within 30 cm of that HQ unit.
Can you have more than one detachment of the same units,
so you could have (for instance) Land Speeders on both ends
of the battle?

Orders dice:
>> >Consider them multi-sided counters. No rolling of order dice is
used.
>> Oh. How many do you get? It seems like this would
>> be an expensive way to handle this, using dice
>> where cardboard counters were sufficient.
>
>Looks like 6... and since when has GW cared about expense?
Do you use one orders die per detachment? I only thought of
expense because I pictured having as many orders dice as we
currently have of each kind of orders counter. Since
detachments can get bigger, do you only have about 3 per
side? Or does each detachment not necessarily get an orders
die?

thanks
andy
andy.skinner_at_...