Re: [Epic] Epic 40K

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 10:22:40 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 5-Mar-97 RE: [Epic] Epic 40K by Andy Skinner_at_...
> >Looks like 6... and since when has GW cared about expense?
>
> Do you use one orders die per detachment? I only thought of
> expense because I pictured having as many orders dice as we
> currently have of each kind of orders counter.

Near as I can tell from the picture on the store flyer, you have:

March: three chevrons
Broken: buncha arrows scattering
Assault: big arrow forward
Overwatch: targetting symbol
Special: !
Immobilized: a lightning bolt (?)

Most of these people can probably figure out... I'd guess that special
orders vary per unit type.

>Since
> detachments can get bigger, do you only have about 3 per
> side? Or does each detachment not necessarily get an orders
> die?

Dunno that one, but I'd guess GW wants us to buy more orders dice...
personally, I'd be content to make use of my counters:
Advance = March
Charge = Assault
First Fire = Overwatch
Fall Back = Broken
upside-down counter = Immobilized
Snap Fire = Special (Snap Fire order counters from 1st ed.)

Or use scraps of paper for the last two. <shrug>

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...