Re: [Epic] FIREPOWER Follow Up question

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 02:27:15 -0600

> One of my friends asked me to get the clarification for just the reason you mention Thane. I
> trusst Andrew has quoted the the text correctly.
>
> My friend suggests he will never place his Hydra's or FirePrisms on "!" orders again, but rather
> arrange them to provide anti-air protection using the 30 and 45 cm snap fire rule outlined
> here. He feels like 3 Hydras can kill a lot more Ork Fighta Bomaz using 2 or 3 snap fires per
> unit than he can with 3 Flak shots per detachment. And, my Doomwings and Firelords are shaking
> in their revetments over the prospect of every Imperial and many Eldar detachments having one
> Flak gun in it ready to pick them off with snap fire up to 30 or 45 cm away ... WOW, talk about
> air cover. Good thing interception happens off board, so at least I can intercept without
> eating flak all day!
>
> All air power units with less than 30 cm range should be terrified!!
>
> Greg

  I know flak was underpowered, but this seems to swing too far the other way. Did they increase the
points for the flak units, or reduce the points for flyers? Because I can't think of any flyers with
a range greater than 30 cm. My poor 160 point gargoyle unit can only expect to have one survivor
from 40 points of ork flakwagons.

Thane