Re: [Epic] Infiltrators in Drop Pods

From: Sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 12:24:37 -0000

Sauron1 writes; JAE;

    I believe British,Canadian,American and Free-French Commandos and
Paratroopers went in to France the night before. Some units were successful
and some not. I believe even some attacked concrete bunker implacements for
large artillery pieces that never were installed.

    That is why Eisenhower had to make a decision two days ahead. The
critical access points through the flooded areas to the Coast had to be
eather destroyed or controlled by ailed Commando/Paratrooper units before
the main landings went in.

    The main assault drew the defenders attention, while the infiltrarors
left relatively unmolested to fight only sporadic locally deployed troops
until the defending army could gather enough intelligence to find everybody,
or crush the recon units with overwhelming strength.

    In any case these brave souls did their job.

    Normandy would make a fantastic Epic scale game, I think I might try it
after the current campaign is finished.( Battle of the Bulge} Orks as the
Attackers, IG as Defenders,SM as relieving troops.

sauron1_at_...