Re: [Epic] Eldar Support Weapons

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 10:18:25 -0600

J Andrew Evans wrote:

> I just noticed that the Eldar Support weapons in the Army lists are 15
> points per unit whereas the Imperial Support weapons in their Army
> List are 13 points even though the stats are identical. Is this a
> misprint? Is this an old chesnut? Does someone have a definitive
> answer to this?
>
> In Firepower the support weapons cost rises from 13 to 18, because it
> is an AT weapon. This is clearly using the Imperial figure but it
> doesn't specify that just calling them "support weapons." Does the
> Eldar weapon rise from 15 to 20 then or shall we assume they both are
> now 18 since Firepower doesn't specify between them?
>
> Regards
> Confused of Epic

  I'm almost certain that 3 different people wrote the army lists, and
they did not meet with eachother to discuss them. Then they handed it over
to a drunk editor, who rubber stamped approval so he could go back to the
pub.

This has been noted before. It was hypothesized the eldar spcial abilities
were what increased their cost, until we realized the eldar only have
special penalties. If anything, the SM should be more expensive as they
are stubborn.

Thane