Re: [Epic] Epic shock troops

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 16:27:13 -0600

> The US Marines....Shock Troops!! Hard to believe!!
> What about Somalia when the Boyz got their asses kicked back into the
> sea!!

First, they were not acting as shock troops during that engagement.
Second, given that they held off waves of hostiles for hours in
the face of heavy casualties after having been denied ammunition,
support, and reinforcements, I think they acquitted themselves
very well.

-Allen McCarley
(Looking for a new sig since my old one is now so misleading.....)