Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Howard Liu <h2liu_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 12:08:20 -0800

I never posted because I don't own the rules, and didn't want to make
uninformed opinions sound like they were set in stone. But since it's
sheer numbers you want, here goes:

If GW had meant to say that attackers are pinned at the base, and can't
reach the feet, then they would have said so in so many words. If they
wanted an exception wherein attackers could move to the feet if the Titan
was pinned, then they would have stated that exception clearly and
succinctly. In fact, the idea would have been weird enough that they would
have gone to pains to restate it clearly. (GW leaves loopholes in its rules
by using vague wording, but they do try to clear up anything that might be
hard to understand. Witness the perennial diagrams illustrating squad
coherency) Instead, they phrased it in such a way that I interpreted it to
mean:

1. To limit the number of attackers that can engage a Titan in
hand-to-hand, attackers must touch the Titan's feet, not just its base.

2. In a separate situation, if the Princeps thinks that he and his Titan
can take on a bunch of smaller guys, he can sweep forward and opt to use
his base to pin and engage a large number of foes.

3. Jetbikes, jump pack troops, etc. are more mobile, and less easily
pinned, so they can still use the base when they charge.

Howard