Re: [Epic] Rant was: Epic shock troops

From: Karadek <stukeefe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 09:59:06 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 7 Mar 1997, Eric M. Siegel wrote:
> > Sorry about the rant folks. Also, I hope I didn't offend too many people.
> > I really have nothing against Americans. Almost all that I have met have
> > been very nice people. It is the foreign policy that I have a serious
> > problem with.
> >
> > Tony Christney
> > acc_at_...
>
> What happened to this list being used for the discussion of
> Space Marine? If I wanted political commentary, I'd buy a
> magazine. If you want to express these views, I'm sure there
> are more appropriate places. I think this whole thread should
> be moved off to a more private list, as I'm sure most people
> here don't care about your feelings on American foriegn policy.
>
> Eric

No need to be hasty; I'm sure that those offended are a minority, else
more would complain. I for one am enjoying this thread. Being American
myself, I'm happy to see more people sharing my own ideas on the
motherland's rather insane foreign policy. I'll be the first to agree;
American policy depends solely on the buck; if we have money there, then
by God we'll defend it! But help a true abuse of basic human rights?

Prez: "What's this East Timor business? Do we have interests there?"
SecOfInt: "No, none."
Prez: "Okay, let 'em rot. How's the oil in Kuwait?"

I'm afraid we've never really been driven by humanitarian urges. Even in
the time of Ted Roosevelt and his little pond in the Eastern Hem. we've
only been motivated by money. A sad observation, but true.

BTW, how was the DEA started? I don't know much about that branch.
| Farseer Karadek, High Commander of the Forces of Ulthwe |
| Kevin Keefe | Epic, 40K, and Blood Bowl Elf Lord |
| stukeefe_at_... | Coach of the Ulthuan Knights, TR 245 |
| "If America has supposedly `lost her innocense' as many times as |
| historians have claimed, we can only assume that she's been a damn |
| whore since day one." -- Rodney Sievers |