Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 09:43:18 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 7-Mar-97 Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a.. by Brett
Hollindale_at_powerup
> It seems to me that the quotes you have taken so much effort to type in
> (thankyou!) prove my point rather than disprove it.
>
> 1. You can only CC something if you make contact with the model.
> 2. You can CC a titan if you are in contact with the base.
>
> which gives us...
>
> 3. The base is part of the model.

Except there's a big hole in your logic: statement #2 is *only* true
for skimmers/jump pack troops. For a normal
infantryman/bike/tank/whetever, statement 2 would read:

2. You can CC a titan only if you are in contact with its feet.

so

3. The model starts at the feet of the Titan. (Or, the base is not a
part of the model.)

The skimmers/etc ruling is an *exception* to the normal mode of CCing a
Titan. And the whole deal with the Titan being able to CC anything on
its base is the *titan's* decision. If it wants to it can ignore
whatever's there, or it can just squish the little things... but it
isn't compulsory either way.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...