Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...) LONG

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 14:54:07 -0500 (EST)

Tell you what, IF you and I played in the same group I probably would give
in just for the heck of it right about now. We are talking about a 20
minute type scuffle over Epic, and while that is fine in 40k (actually
this would only be a minor skirmish), it is something I prefer to avoid in
Epic. But I would probably want to point out the below.

The rules state that you are pinned when you move into CC with an enemy.
Fine, the only way a ground unit goes into CC with a Titan at its base is
if the Titan chooses to engage it. The only way a Titan can choose to
engage anything in CC is to be on Charge orders.

So this is the result. A Titan may choose IF it is on Charge orders to
pin and engage ground (non-flyer/skimmer) units at its base. Kind of a
limited application I would say. Further, all this does is allow me to
use all of
my rough riders in CC against the Titan instead of only the six I could
get around the feet normally. Not exactly what I would call increasing
the "power" of a Titan.

May I suggest that if there is a change it is that it was changed so that
the NUMBER of ground units that may attack a Titan was limited. Limited
so that only those (about 6 or so for a Warlord if IIRC) that touch the
Titan count.

Chad Taylor