Re: [Epic] Another contentious issue

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 11:21:06 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 9-Mar-97 Re: [Epic] Another contenti.. by Jason
Robinson_at_...
> On Sat, 8 Mar 1997, Brett Hollindale wrote:
> > Titan leg damage (6) states: "The leg is blown apart and the titan
> > collapses to the ground. Decide which way the titan falls and place it on
> > its side lying in that direction. Any vehicles or troop stands fallen on
> > are destroyed."
> > It doesn't actually state that the titan is destroyed.
>
> When a warmachine of that size falls over, I think it is safe to say
> that it is out of the battle. It might not be destroyed, but after
> the fall, I doubt the titan would be in any condition to fight. For
> one, the crew will be bashed around and most of the systems propably
> wouldn't work well turned sideways (weapon arms, etc).

Yah... Adeptus Titanicus has the comment that "the crew must eject or be
killed" if the Titan falls over, so I'd say that the Titan can't do
anything for the rest of the game even if some of the weapons & reactors
are functional....

> Immobilized counts as destroyed in a normal game, but in campaign
> games this might be interesting. It would be cheaper to repair a
> titan with only a leg gone (plus the fall) and the winner of the battle
> would capture any immobilized titans from the field.

I have to agree here... I remember the bit of text that GW threw in
front of their Titan Legions celebratory White Dwarf battle report
(issue 188), about the Clavigera. Not *that* was a nice bit o' flavor
text. ^_^

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...