Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 12:41:59 GMT

>By the way, a while back you said that infantry would be able to cross
>the titans base and touch its feet while on charge orders if said titan
>was already pinned. I said that I didn't believe the Titan's pinned
>status entered into the equation. If you charge something that can
>pin you and you touch it, you are pinned whether that something is
>pinned or not. You stated you would quote the rules that would
>allow the base to change from something that can pin you to something
>that can't pin you depending upon whether or not the titan was pinned.
>Did you ever find these? If you posted them I missed it.
>

>-Allen McCarley
>(The summarily dispossessed EPIC Q&A guy. Check out my web pages
>for the EPIC Q&A archive)

Actually, I would guess that in all the kafuffle that slipped my mind. Here
it is...

TL page 32 "Moving into close combat":

quote

Because of the pinning rules models moving into close combat may not touch
any other models as they move into close combat uless either:

1. The attacking model is not pinned by the enemy model or models in its
path, or

2. The attacking model is a skimmer, flyer or troop stand equipped with jump
packs.

3. The model in the way is already pinned in close combat by another model.

If the attacking model does contact another model by accident and is pinned,
it must fight that enemy instead.

end quote

Thus if you are pinned by the titans base, you would still be able to move
across the base to reach the feet if the titan is pinned (case 3). As only
a titan can pin a titan, the fluff about titans having little to fear from
non titans would be accurate...

These rules on pinning also allow troops to move through a solid screen of
CC troups as long as some are pinned...

Agro