Re: [Epic] Games Workshop's "New Sales Plan"

From: Howard Liu <h2liu_at_...>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 21:26:55 -0800

> Hey, has anybody out there had this problem? GW has a "New Sales
>Plan".
> Now they will NOT sell the new Epic40K to stores that won't purchase the new
> Epic rack.

<snip>

That's what it's like here, in the San Diego area. I think all the stores
(4 of them) will be carrying Epic 40K. From what I'm given to understand,
the rack costs $750 (suggested retail $1500), and GWUS will not sell any
Epic 40K merchandise to any store that does not mount a rack. What I'm not
sure about is whether the retailers are required to buy a $750 rack every
month, or just as an initial outlay.

One store around here (Dwarf Mountain) can sell that much stuff easily.
The others, I'm not sure about. The smallest store got their rack by
sending their old Epic stuff back to England. The owner was so keen on the
new Sales Plan that he asked some lawyers to see if this kind of thing was
legal, but since it's GW's product, they can market it any way they want,
as long as discrimination doesn't enter into it.

Howard