Re: [Epic] Games Workshop's "New Sales Plan"

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 00:27:58 -0500 (EST)

Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...> writes:
> this predicament, most just dont carry the stuff anymore. Only chain
> stores like The Complete Strategist have the cash for such a commitment.
> My local retailer I believe will get the rack (his 40K sales are very
> good and can take the loss), although he knows now (too late of course)
> that the product will flop (of course I know everyone that plays epic in
> my region and opinion is hostile at best for the "new" game).

        I would tell your retailer not to worry yet. Although GW has
alienated almost all of the Epic players, they hope to more than make
up for this by making the 40k players buy even more stuff. His best
plan is to try to attract new players or 40k playters to E40k, not
Epic players. The general opinion on rgmw has been relatively
positive, though I have an urge to smack several posters for
stupidity. Still, it's their money, not mine.

Mark