RE: [Epic] Epic 40K sprues.NICE!

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 97 14:46:00 EST

>>Are the new figures really 8mm (making mixed armies - old + new - look
silly?)

>WHAT!!!!!!!???????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
>Is that some kind of joke or what? Where did that little piece of info
>come from? That would be the straw. If this was the case I would be
>writing a very nasty letter to GW and cutting my self off from them,
>selling anything of theirs I own! If this is the case can someone tell
me,
>It'll save me a lot of money and time.

I confess I don't know, but I assume that they're saying Epic
scale is 8mm instead of 6mm in the same way that 40K figures
are 30 to 35mm instead of 25mm. I've never measured them to
find out. But I have read people saying the plastic infantry
look the same, and that some vehicles are a different scale to
reflect their true sizes relative to other models.

I've got a Space Marine guy on my desk, but no ruler to measure
him by.

Before I got into the game I asked GW what scale the Epic figures
were. The rep acted like he had never heard of "names" for scales,
like "6mm". Whether that is true, and he just doesn't have experience
outside of GW games, or just doesn't think it is important since all
you have to do is buy GW figs, I don't know. I always hate it when
they call it the "Games Workshop hobby". They can sound so innocent
about it, but they're just making the assumption that there isn't
anything else.

andy
andy.skinner_at_...