RE: [Epic] New Game Grumbles

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 97 10:27:00 EST

>Boy, I never thought the Marauder looked particularly Eldarish. Yeah,
it'll
>work, but you get 0 points for style (in my book). Then again, it is
still
>a step above a cardboard counter.
I think it is the only one that doesn't look like a guy in
armor. Maybe I'm guessing the wrong name. But I like the
way it looks--futuristic and sleek. To be honest, I'd rather
it fit my own image of eldar (advanced aliens) than the GW
one. I don't really like the look of the Eldar titans. If
you like those, I could see you wouldn't care for the mech
I chose. Out of the stompers box, I was thinking I liked the
look of the Chaos dreadnaughts (maybe file off the skull)
better than the Eldar ones. As I said, I don't particularly
feel attached to GW's image of them. I'd even like to call
'em something else.

Although I do think I'd enjoy the game better if I thought
a bit more about the setting, I don't care that much whether
it happens to be the GW setting.

The Marauder (again, if I'm using the correct name) does have
three guns--one on each arm and a long barrel on top. I'd
either ignore that or chop off the one on top. That is,
assuming the Eldar scout titans have two weapons--I don't
know. I don't have renegades, and concentrate on marines
myself, with some branching to knights, IG, and Orks. But
the eldar are one of the armies easily customizable to an
advanced civilization in a more generic setting (with DS II
rules, for instance), and could be grouped with some
Renegade Legion tanks. (Any that aren't posing as Full
Thrust space ships, that is.)

andy