Re: [Epic] New Game Grumbles

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 11:39:02 -0500 (EST)

Andy Skinner <andy.skinner_at_...> writes:
> >Boy, I never thought the Marauder looked particularly Eldarish. Yeah,
> it'll
> >work, but you get 0 points for style (in my book). Then again, it is
> still
> >a step above a cardboard counter.
> I think it is the only one that doesn't look like a guy in
> armor.

        The Marauder is indeed the one that doesn't look like a guy in
armor (The Locust too. I'd think the Locust fits my image of an Eldar
Scout Titan more than the Marauder. Might need to convert the arms so
they have lasers rather than a machine gun, but apart from that, it'd
be a decent match)

> Maybe I'm guessing the wrong name. But I like the
> way it looks--futuristic and sleek.

        Aaron and I are also big fans of the Marauder.

> The Marauder (again, if I'm using the correct name) does have
> three guns--one on each arm and a long barrel on top.

Hrm. The Marauder fits this description, though the Locust might as
well. Do the arms look like small boxy machine guns(no actual arms),
or longer boxy things as forearms?

> That is, assuming the Eldar scout titans have two weapons--I don't
> know. I don't have renegades, and concentrate on marines
> myself, with some branching to knights, IG, and Orks.

        The Eldar scout titans (WD 17something?) have small pulsars as
arms, and a scatter laser/barrage launcher on the torso/wings. The
arms are by far the primary weapons.

Mark