Re: [Epic] Ye Olde 40K History.....

From: Howard Liu <h2liu_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 10:36:53 -0800

>> All kidding aside though, the answer to your question is, in a word, "yes".
>> The whole reason the Squats are being so delayed is because GW doesn't like
>> their old history and wants to change it a bit (or at least that's the
>> reason they give). As I mentioned once before on this list, my personal
>> favorite changing of history by GW is this one incident from Realms of
>> Chaos, where on one page it described in great detail the Emperor's battle
>> with Horus. In the end it tells of how he focussed a bolt of raw psychic
>> power and used it to strike down the Warmaster. However, on the very next
>> page when off-handedly mentioning the Emperor's battle with Horus, they said
>> something along the lines of, "when he slew Horus with a mighty blow from
>> his power sword." Go fig, they can't even keep their story straight for
>> more than a page at a time! Whatever sells I guess.

>Um, he got rid of the Daemonic influence with the psyblast, and then had
>to kill Horus (with his sword) when he saw that Horus would be
>repossessed....

If I recall correctly, in that story, the Emperor's arm had been torn off
(I think he dropped the sword, too), his throat ripped open, and his spine
broken. The only way he could have hurt Horus with his sword would have
been by dropping it on him. Unless he used his psychic powers to pick it
up and impale Horus - but that doesn't sound like a "mighty blow." All the
text says (from memory) is that "with full knowledge of what he does the
Emperor destroys Horus." Or something like.

Howard