Re: [Epic] Falcon vs Wave Serpents

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 13:49:00 +0800

At 22:33 16/03/97 -0600, you wrote:
>On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, oki_at_... wrote:
>
>> Folks, what is this I hear about Falcon being not able to carry troops, and
>> that itsn function now is more of a battle tank than an armoured personnel
>> carrier ? And that Wave serpents is now the standard armoured personnel
>> carrier (APC) ?
>>
>> Paul, any feedback ?
>
>Sorry to say it's true... Falcons can only carry 1 stand and have an armor
>of 5+. Wace serpents can carry 2 stands and have an armor of 6+. Both
>Falcons and Wave Serpents have the same availability in the detachment
>creation lists, and they are of equal points value, so there's no need to
>scrap your whle army, but WS are better at carrying.

That is the concern :( BTW I heard that the Falcons are souped up, not just
a lascannon (?) but also shuriken weapons and more. Is this true - and that
Falcon is really been redesigned primarily as a battle tank ? Also, does the
WS still have their "wave" thing ?

Regards
Oki
p.s. In case Falcons indeed have totally different weapons (not just
different function and load carrying capability), here's my 2 cents worth....

Why don't GW just leave Falcon alone as Guardians mode of transport (with
two stands), Wave Serpents (one or two is fine) are used primarily for
special troops like (Aspect Warriors, Exarch, Warlocks etc). If GW wants to
create new Eldar tanks by all means go ahead and create new ones (Cobra or
something like that), instead of meddling around with the functions of the
old ones. It would be a lot less disrupting and less expensive to do that.
Can you imagine if suddenly those guys come up and say, "Sorry mate, we have
remade a newer, more detailed model of the Tempest, and oh yeah ! they will
be your new primary troop transport carrier. So want to buy newer models to
replace your olde transport carrier ?"

Drat !!!