[Epic] First Epic Battle!!

From: Johnnemann Nordhagen <jsnord_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 18:37:37 -0700

I recently played my first epic battle. Whoa!! It was fun for both
parties, albeit a little confusing... I would give you a complete battle
report, but i can't remember everything. We made many mistakes, I'm
sure, the most noticeable being the objectives. We placed them without
consulting the rules to doublecheck what we thought was correct, and we
screwed it up so badly it was impossible to use objectives. Of course,
we realized this too far into the battle to change. Also, we started
about 100 cm away from each other, instead of 80, which was to my
disadvantage...

        I was playing Chaos, and my friend had Space Marines. I knew i had to
get into CC in order to do damage, as i had no range above 50cm, aside
from Magnus. So i started charging across the board. He just sat back
and zapped me with Land Raiders and his Warlord. By the time i got into
CC, I had lost two GDs, almost every company of infantry, and all my
Rhinos and flyers. Any suggestions? Also, if you have any comments,
please go ahead... thanks,
--
Johnnemann Nordhagen (jsnord_at_...)