Re: [Epic] First Epic Battle!!

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 08:31:11 -0500 (EST)

Johnnemann Nordhagen <jsnord_at_...> writes:
> I was playing Chaos, and my friend had Space Marines. I knew i had to
> get into CC in order to do damage, as i had no range above 50cm, aside
> from Magnus. So i started charging across the board. He just sat back
> and zapped me with Land Raiders and his Warlord. By the time i got into
> CC, I had lost two GDs, almost every company of infantry, and all my
> Rhinos and flyers. Any suggestions? Also, if you have any comments,
> please go ahead... thanks,

        As a guess, put more terrain down. With the two armies you
mentioned, it's pretty clear that Marines will win 99 times out of 100
on a flat plain. And most of all, make some forest (green
construction paper or green felt if you're pressed for time).
        If you put your marines in Rhinos and charge them the first
turn, you'll probably be able to move them into a nice
building/forest, preferably on an objective with a good firing arc.
Put them on FF after that. If he's playing out of the box set, he
probably doesn't have many building-killers, but normally you have to
watch out for them. The Rhinos aren't particularly useful after that,
but they're cheap anyways.

Mark