Re: [Epic] Titans and Eldar (looooong) (was: Titans and CC)

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 15:17:29 -0600

At 03:16 PM 3/20/97 -0500, you wrote:

> I throw the wraithguard in Wave Serpents. I'm not entirely
>sure what happens here. Do I need actual infantry standing next to
>the Wraithguard, or are the Wave Serpent pilots enough to tell them to
>charge each turn? At +4CAF and 0VP, they make for good CC. If they
>find someplace they want to stay, I can always put the Serpents on FF.

The vehicles are sufficient, and since they become part of the detachment, I
would assume you have solved the need for coordinating orders. Although now
your Waveserpents are tethered tot he wraithguard.

>> I've never understood everyone's distaste for troops who go on autopilot.
>> You just have to plan ahead a little is all.
>
> Because the Avatar always charges on top of a hill and gets
>shot off of it. (I have to be more careful, and remind people about
>the -1 to hit)

I love the Avatar. Nobody EVER expects him to do anything, so when he does
it totally screws with their head. Just place him so he will have to
overrun objectives in order to chase the enemy. The best is an objective in
the open (so if someone is actually on it you can see the unit and the
avatar will atack) and about 30-40 cm off your starting line. It's nearly
perfect if you have terrain screening each side so the avatar won't get
drawn off course by some nearby unit.

Am I the only one who has ever had any luck with him?

Temp