Re: [Epic] Epic 40K card?

From: Cameron Bentsen <stu7i95_at_...>
Date: 24 Mar 1997 08:58 EST

In message "[Epic] Epic 40K card?", you write:

> Excerpts from Epic: 21-Mar-97 Re: [Epic] Epic 40K card? by Peter
> Ramos_at_...
> > >
> > Yup, thats been my experience through the years. Two turns are the norm
> > (in the three of four gaming groups I've run anyway), three being less
> > frequent and one turn knockouts being rare (more so since the advent of
> > snap fire weapons). I have never played a four turn game and maybe
> > witness one I presided over two neophytes trying the game for the first
> > time. In my experience, the higher the points played usually the two
> > turn average ingrains itself even more.
>
> I'll have to agree here... I've only ever played one 6000 point battle,
> and that is the only 2 turn battle I've ever fought. Most of my battles
> are 3-4000 points, with a few 2K or 5K, and all of those have run three
> turns apiece IIRC.
>
> Of course, there's the 1500 point battle that took eight or ten turns...
> but we won't get into that.

My battles generally last two or, more usually, three turns, if I'm playing
my Chaos Marine army. With my Tyranid army, it's usually more like 3 or 4 turns,
although I've played some very long games (6+ turns) with them. Especially
when I'm foolish enough to take tyranids in a small game such that, in order to
get enough VP to win, I have to kill every single enemy model...

Cameron Bentsen, Ottawa