Re: [Epic] Chapter Colours

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 19:50:14 +0000

> > perhaps the Black Guard (there's one
> >for the sci-fi gaming dinosaurs - 10vp to the first person who
> >recognises where they came from) - painted in sand with black shoulder
> >pieces.
>
> Sounds like a neat color scheme. Any other colors in the trim, or just
> black and tan?
>
> Temp
 I did 6 assorted old SM stands last night as a test, with variations on
each stand. The Dark Angels looked pretty cool p[ainted up, but I
already have a chapter in green (albeit a lighter shade). I'd recommend
Dark angel green, with an armour wash, drybrushed with woodland green.

The whitescars looked pretty awful - those thatt had any contrast showed
the mould lines, those that didn't looked plain.

The Blood Angels were bright (but I've already forsworn the Big 4
chapters).

The Black Guard did not work as well as I'd hoped. The base of
snakebite leather, inked with brown ink and drybrushed vomit brown
worked well; the black shoulder pads were ok, but the black helmets did
not work at all. I'd be tempted to do the army without blacking the
helmets (but in any event, the silver skulls looked much cooler and I've
bought the pot of chainmail now).

Richard