Re: [Epic] Chapter Colours

From: Dan Lobb <danlobb_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 01:56:28 -0800

I have a 40k unit called the "Fiesta Marines". The color scheme is a
base of white or red with squigly lines of red, green, yellow, blue, and
black all over the armor. It looks like little streamers or a confetti
pattern on the armor. I have been looking for something to use as
sombreros on the terminators. Originally, I was trying to paint some
chaos marines with runes, but my caligraphy skills suck.

I also have a company of the Genesis chapter from the Ultramarine codex.
They are red with blue and yellow trim. The weapons are painted blue and
the emblem on the shoulder pad is not hard to draw. You have to prime
with white to get the yellow and red to look decent. I use the Krylon
spray paint white, ivory, or grey to prime. For some metal figures, I
use a black wash first to bring out the details, then brush the white
prime coat only on the surfaces I plan to paint bright colors. I works
very well.

danlobb_at_...