Re: [Epic] Epic 40K Wave Serpents

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 15:59:18 -0600

At 01:51 PM 3/24/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Has anyone seen any pictures of new Wave Serpents? I'm wondering
>how different they look.

I haven't seen the WS's, but the illustrated falcon on the GW new release
page is pretty disappointing.

> I've just not yet seen a wash do any
>good. We'll see what happens when she goes back over it with
>yellow, to restore the raised areas to their original color.

Good luck. I haven't found a yellow paint that covers anything.
Incidentallly, when using washes, I have gotten the best results by treating
iwashes just like paint, and trying to paint exactly where I wanted it to
go, rather than trusting it to follow the contours. A couple acquaintances
of mine (one of whom does commission work for Ral Partha) swear that oil
paints that have been thinned down make the best washes. The rationale is
that the oil is much less adhesive than the water used in inks, so it really
does follow the littel cracks and crevasses like it's supposed too.
And since he gets paid for the stuff . . .

Temp