Re: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 22:48:08 +0000

> Forth, pop-up attacks, now better than ever. You can move at charge
> speed and still pop-up. You can fall back and pop-up (normal movement).
> And you can overwatch and pop-up (reroll misses).

On the first, what is charge speed? If you mean assault, then yes - but
isn't firing at 1/2 firepower? If you mean marching (the quickest way
to move) then they cannot shoot.

On the second, can units fire if they are broken and forced back? I
don't _think_ they can. if they are retreating as a normal move, why
shouldn't they shoot?

On the third, when would it be _more_ appropriate for a pop-up attack
than when the unit has overwatch orders?

Now all of this is "shooting from the hip" - I've only read thru the
rules once or twice, and I haven't got hem in front of me, but I think
with the new mixed detachments the Eldars pop-up abilities are unlikely
to make them too gross. And if GW have done their job right, they'll be
paying more for troops with this ability than the equiv Imperial troops
without it.

> Eldar don't have to be cheesy, but you can build a force that is.

Kind of makes me want to resurrect my old Eldar aspirations. Now let me
see - I have 2 or 3 titans, some walkers dreadnaughts and falcons; what
say i do eldar next? :-)

Richard