RE: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts

From: Farley, James <JFarley_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 14:44:05 -0800

>>>First movement, warp spiders swooping hawks, etc. can move 30 cm and
>>>then charge (or assault move) 45 cm. This is faster than a jet bike
>>>(total of 75cm to 70cm).
>>From what I've heard, I'm going to have problems with
>>anything getting two moves on assault. This sounds
>>crazy. I'd much rather they just gave assaulting
>>things one normal move during movement phase, and one
>>normal move in the assault, for the old twice normal
>>move with a chance to be shot in between. But they
>>get a move, plus the charge move.

This is very nasty because the standard weapon range is only 30cm, you
won't even be able to fire at them before they attack you.

><>Second titans. They are just about as tough as imperial titans, but
>>>they have a 2+ save on ALL hits all the time. Eldar titans will be to
>>>hardest to kill titans in the game. (and for 10 extra points, you can
>>>make it into a warlock)
>>Someone else thought they were fragile without the
>>holosave. Maybe that's just 5+ instead of 6+ save.

This is true, you hit them twice as often with fire power dice, but only
1/6 of the shots will really hit. So it works out that you only get hit
about a third of the time as often as other titans. Their damage
capacity is not as high, but it is still very good, its maybe 3/4 as
much as an imp/ork titan. You do get more moral points for killing
eldar stuff, so that kinda helps even thing up a bit.

>>>Third, the psi-factor. They can build units with 5 warlocks in it and a
>>>farseer. This will always give them a +1 in close combat (witch is a
>>>big deal in the new system)
>>For that unit, or for all units?

Only for combats that the warlocks fight in. The side with the most
will get you the +1, but eldar units can be build so that they will
always have more. You can only have a max of one in an imperial unit.

>>>Forth, pop-up attacks, now better than ever. You can move at charge
>>>speed and still pop-up. You can fall back and pop-up (normal movement).
>>>And you can overwatch and pop-up (reroll misses).
>>But they don't pop-up to see everything anymore, at least
>>as Paul explained it.

They don't?? That's not how I read it. I have been doing it myself
with land speeders, works very well.