RE: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 08:50:12 -0600

At 09:12 AM 3/27/97 +1000, you wrote:

>>>This is faster than a jet bike
>>>(total of 75cm to 70cm).
>>
>>Funky.
>
>So it's OK that they go faster then a jetbike? Or are you joking? To me that
>just seems wrong.

Is this directed to me? I dont' think "Funky" should be interpreted as a
comprehensive defense of the previous statement. I don't know if it will be
too much or not. Ask the folks who have used them.

>>>Second titans.
>>
>>Yay. Maybe now they won't be worthless.
>
>I have never heard anyone but Eldar think that the Eldar titans are
>worthless in epic. That is not to say I think the current Elf titans are
>cheesey, just that they are well worth their points.

Okay. You can't take them vs. IG, because an artillery company will chew
one up in a single turn (or faster). It was the same thing vs. marines in
the group I played with because many of them took artillery companies and/or
deathstrike missiles. Even if they didn't, those thawks are bad news for
big targets. Squats - barrage city - don't bother. That leaves Chaos,
which I've found warlock titans particularly good against, and Orks, which
titans are decent against. Maybe worthless is a bit strong, but in most
circumstances, I didnt' even bother to _consider_ adding a titan to my eldar
force.

>>Well, I guess warlocks should be good for something, since their
>>precognitive powers are obviously far inferior to simple Space Marine
>>planning (hence the strategy ratings).
>
>Does this mean that strategy ratings are in epic97? They are one of the
>reasons I dislike 40K. I heard that tragedy cards are in epic97, I just hope
>their not taking ALL the bad things about 40K for epic97.

Yes. One more time . . . There are 4 phases in the turn. You determine
initiative each turn by drawing a chit from a cup. The force with the
higher strategy rating gets 3 chits and the loser gets 2. So, if you have a
lower strategy rating, the best you can do is break even (2 out of 4
phases), and if you have the better strategy rating, you can win up to 3/4
of the initiative.

Temp