Re: [Epic] My new Epic40K :p

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 10:07:05 +0000

> Several observations, in absolutely no priority in importance or coherence.

> 5. Thunderhawks do look good, but cost 7 pounds.

And mine did not fit together that well either. But they are better
than the old "shoe boxes".

> 14. It seems that most of SM detachments would require a Captain to lead
> them. Kinda funny, in the Battle report in the most recent WD, for a
> detachment of 4 Landraiders, a detachment of 2 devastor squads (20 SM = 4
> stands), a detachment of 3 tactical squads (6 stands) each require a command
> squad led by Captain !! So in all there were 3 captains running about. While
> it is possible for a detachment to have 10 squads (100 troopers) I think it
> is very unlikely for a player to choose such a large detachment).

No. you must pay 25 pts to have a detachment HQ. A captain to lead the
detachment is a further 25 points, but is optional.

You can field small, flexible detachments without needing a captain, but
you have to pay the first 25pts cost.

> 3 Landraiders hardly warrant the attention of a captain. BTW, IIRC
> LandRaiders can only carry 1 stand, not two termie stands.
 Transport (2) = 2 stands. inc termies.