Re: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts

From: Thomas Bloom <tbloom_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 11:11:42 -0500

>It is hooey in the wide open battle fields frequently used in Epic. It's
>not hooey in real life. There are a number of ways to channel and
>immobilize tanks that require little more than an axe, a shovel, and
>determination. Tanks are also pretty easy to hide from, so you channel them
>where you want them to go, slow them down, and hide in the bushes to wait on
>them.

>Temp

But, gee if the infantry was hiding in the woods how would the tanks get
near them? 'Cause we all know that Woods are restricted terrain to
vehicles ;).

Seriously though I've got to agree. The games of squad leader I've played
thats been the only way of 'popping' tanks with infantry. Wait for them to
get ahead of their infantry cover and jump them from cover. The man
portable anti-tank weapons usually just bounce off the front armor of most
MBTs. I've been told on many occations from many sorces that that is more
or less true to life.

       "...'cause when its time to collect its only heros who pay..."
                               Hero, Ministry
                                   Thomas