Re: one turn victory (was: [Epic] Epic 40K card?)

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 22:23:58 GMT

At 08:58 AM 1/4/97 -0600, you wrote:
>At 09:40 AM 4/1/97 +1000, you wrote:
>>O.K. Temp. Here we go as I was the one that Agro trounced.
>>
>>Yep. I screwed up. There's not much I'd change about my army except that I
>>would drop the Terminators for some other, better units. My deployment was
>>stuffed too. That's the main thing I would have changed.
>>
>>Had nothing to do about that. But my force was a very experimental one.
>>
>> And I had no Morale forcing cards either.
>
>Dude, I didn't intend to slam you. Agro never said who he was playing.
>Anyway, if you were taking an experimental force, then it kind of defeats
>the whole idea of the "one turn victory as norm" idea. You know your
>deployment was screwed, which sounds like what all the other problems
>stemmed from. If you could have redone the deployment, do you think it
>would have gone longer? Bummer on the morale cards.

>>>See above.
>>
>>I killed it in the end phase. It blew up then, but I had not much choice
>>about what I could do there.
>
>I still say thawking the one on advance and vortexing another one before it
>could ff would have been the way to go.

I asked Kelvin why he didn't do that very thing, and he convinced me that he
couldn't have done it. The "Magic of Tzeench" permits the World Eaters "an
extra attack that turn" - if they charge, you might allow them a "shot" in
the CC phase, but Kelvin felt that they really needed to be on "Advance" and
it's not a bad interpretation...

Agro