Re: [Epic] Eldar tactics

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 11:52:20 -0800

>>If you play with that ridiculous ruling that allows prism cannons to ice
>>GDs, take plenty of those to keep those nasties in hiding.

>Why exactly is this ruling "ridiculous"?

Ridiculous, as in a 50 point unit shouldn't be able to cow the Gods on
earth that are the Greater Daemons of Chaos. A prism cannon can go one on
one with a Greater Daemons, and I'll put my money on the prism cannon
everytime if you allow the prism cannons to negate Chaos card saves. It's
like playing the way my group did for a while, that prism cannons can fire
upon buildings, since it says so in background fluff.

Now, I'm sure if I don't say something here I'll receive some angry retort
saying something like, "well the GDs can go hide in the woods. That's what
cover is for." Or something along those lines. It's just that I don't
think that these Greater Daemons should have to be skulking about in
shadows and stuff to be able to survive. Entire planets worship just one
of these Daemons as their god, and it my view that there are already
entirely too many units that can ice Greater Daemons (hence my gaming group
has divided psy powers into real space energy (ie weirdboy tower) and
psychic energy (Librarian) and made it so that only psychic energy can kill
GDs without recourse).

>Agro

Michael the Liu