Re: [Epic] Eldar tactics

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 15:21:36 -0500

> From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
>
> Ridiculous, as in a 50 point unit shouldn't be able to cow the Gods on
> earth that are the Greater Daemons of Chaos. A prism cannon can go one on
> one with a Greater Daemons, and I'll put my money on the prism cannon
> everytime if you allow the prism cannons to negate Chaos card saves. It's
> like playing the way my group did for a while, that prism cannons can fire
> upon buildings, since it says so in background fluff.
>
> Now, I'm sure if I don't say something here I'll receive some angry retort
> saying something like, "well the GDs can go hide in the woods. That's what
> cover is for." Or something along those lines. It's just that I don't
> think that these Greater Daemons should have to be skulking about in
> shadows and stuff to be able to survive. Entire planets worship just one
> of these Daemons as their god, and it my view that there are already
> entirely too many units that can ice Greater Daemons

        You said it. No screeners, pansy eldar can kick your butt
with no problems... *sigh* somedays it just doesn't pay to leave
the Eye of Terror...

> (hence my gaming group
> has divided psy powers into real space energy (ie weirdboy tower) and
> psychic energy (Librarian) and made it so that only psychic energy can kill
> GDs without recourse).

        Hmmmm... OK, so if weirdboys who are basically psykers
don't qualify as psychic energy, what does? (aside from Librarians
and presumably Warlocks)

Scott
shupes_at_...