Re: [Epic] Allies & Transports

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 10:23:41 -0500

> From: David Knowles <link0031_at_...>
>
> O.K. I've got another couple of Q's for you lot,
>
> 1. Can infantry from one army use transports fron another?

        No. This was hidden in the chaos section of the Epic
Q&A in WD 173:

Q: Can Chaos Space Marines use vehicles and weapon support cards that
are available for normal Space Marines?

A: Yes, ... [most of answer snipped] You cannot for example use the
Thunderhawk Gunships to transport Lesser Daemons or mortal followers like
Chaos Squats or Minotaurs. This rule also applies to any other army using the
transport vehicles for their allies - Space Marines in Eldar Falcon Grav Tanks
for example.

> (eg. if I was fighting a battle using Marines & Eldar could aspect
> warriors ride in Land Raiders.) We've always played that the answer to
> this is no, but is that correct? (As I read something about using a marine
> Battle company to ride in an Imperator titan, which is an ally.)

        Yeah, Andy & Jervis said that in one of the unofficial Q&A's
(either on Allen's page or the Gates of Fenris). Even the game's
creators make mistakes sometimes.

> 2. If an objective is in a building, does the building count as the
> objective, or the counter?

        Post-TL, the counter is all that's important. I forget how
it worked pre-TL but I think it was the actual terrain piece (not
sure tho).

> If it's the building that's the objective then
> if both me and my opponent move stands into it on the same turn (thus we are
> both as close to it as each other) does anyone get VP`s?

        Neither.

> We've always played that the building is the objective and you only get
> VP's if you alone are inside in the end phase. Then the only way for your
> opponent to capture it is to kill everyone inside then get one of his units
> within 15 cm.

        Yep.

> 3. Why is the Space Marine Commander Special Card so crap? :-P
> I mean why take him when you can have an Inquisitor for the same cost.

        uhm...

Scott
shupes_at_...