Re: [Epic] Eldar tactics

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 10:28:01 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 4-Apr-97 Re: [Epic] Eldar tactics by Peter Andersson
II_at_...
> For the record, your friends are not the only ones who find chaos
> among the weakest armies. I'm a chaos general and I have found that
> it's really a challenge not to be anihilated before you've managed
> to kill a single enemy. Mostly because your enemy is content to
> take a maximally shooty force and just pound you as you walk, at a
> snails pace, across the table.

How much terrain do people play with? Our Chaos player, before he moved
to Seattle, was definitely our strongest player. In fact, I never
managed to beat him; the only time I've defeated Chaos was when I was up
against another friend who hadn't played very much, and he made several
mistakes. (Actually, so did I, but his were a lot more fatal... and
some of his mistakes were not noticing mine!)

Anyway, I'm wondering about terrain because from the sound of it a lot
of people out there don't play with very much... I was never able to
really pound Mikey's forces as they walked across the table, because the
bulk of them were in forests or buildings or behind hills! I'd usually
have one chance to shoot at Daemons before they reached close combat,
and of course you can't fire at the things when they charge you so there
went the second chance.

I guess a general rule might be that success with Chaos, much more than
any other race except (probably) the bugs, depends on how much terrain
is available for use. Similarly, Squats and IG love their LOS....

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...