Re: [Epic] Because I like 'em

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 11:33:00 -0500

> From: duckrvr_at_...
>
> >> Personally, I've always wanted to play a game where you choose your
> >> opponent's forces for him. After all, generals don't always get the support
> >> they requisition . . .
> >
> > Yeah, those games are fun, but dangerous depending on the
> >armies involved. The worst units in the IG army don't even come
> >close to the worst units in, say, a SM army (the battle of hellbores
> >vs tac companies?).
>
> I've never met anyone who had actually purchased a hellbore model,

        Well, you have now. I've got one.

> so I
> don't foresee a problem with that specific example. In most cases, though,
> I would think people only have a relatively small number of useless models.

        Yeah, but it still depends. I've got a TON of useless models
because I thought the Banelord, Khorne Daemon engines, Silver Towers,
Firelord, etc etc would actually be useful (hey, I was just starting
out, OK?). The only useless models my Eldar friend has is 1 group of
Warphunters and 1 group of Doomweavers (if he had more maybe they
could do something, but 1 unit is pretty worthless). I think chaos and
imperial players probably have more crap in their collection then
other players (or maybe I just instinctively buy crap =).

Scott
shupes_at_...