[Epic] Chaos reward cards (was: one turn victory)

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 10:00:22 -0600

At 05:33 PM 4/3/97 -0500, you wrote:

> They're not talking about chaos cards, only the 1000 sons
>chaos reward (not the same thing at all). And the Sons' reward is
>the only one that doesn't specify the exact phase the power goes
>off.

Yes, it does. "When played: In the combat phase." You can argue that this
is vague, but it is no more vague than Hypnotic Gaze, which says the same
thing. Shall we then argue whether the Skull Face card can be played in the
orders phase when it says "at any time"? No, but certainly that is more
vague. Angron's power says at any time during the turn. Why don't we
arbitrarily restrict his howl to the psychic phase. Sure, that will give
units a chance ot move out of range, but "any time during the turn" is just
too vague. [sarcasm]

I don't have a problem with requiring a firing action, but I don't think
that it should be dependent on the unit being measured from. Mostly I think
it was a bad judgment call on the part of the primarchs.

You act like they've never said dumb things before . . .

Temp