Re: [Epic] Chaos reward cards (was: one turn victory)

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 11:38:29 -0500

> From: duckrvr_at_...
>
> > They're not talking about chaos cards, only the 1000 sons
> >chaos reward (not the same thing at all). And the Sons' reward is
> >the only one that doesn't specify the exact phase the power goes
> >off.
>
> Yes, it does. "When played: In the combat phase." You can argue that this
> is vague, but it is no more vague than Hypnotic Gaze, which says the same
> thing.

        The question they were answering was about 1 chaos reward
card. Hypnotic Gaze, Skull Face, etc are all normal chaos cards. There
is a difference (for one thing, the rewards are a lot more powerful
than the normal cards).

> Shall we then argue whether the Skull Face card can be played in the
> orders phase when it says "at any time"? No, but certainly that is more
> vague. Angron's power says at any time during the turn. Why don't we
> arbitrarily restrict his howl to the psychic phase. Sure, that will give
> units a chance ot move out of range, but "any time during the turn" is just
> too vague. [sarcasm]
>
> I don't have a problem with requiring a firing action, but I don't think
> that it should be dependent on the unit being measured from. Mostly I think
> it was a bad judgment call on the part of the primarchs.
>
> You act like they've never said dumb things before . . .

        No, I just think you're reading WAY too much into a simple
answer.

Scott
shupes_at_...