Re: [Epic] epic 40k

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 21:19:10 -0500

At 02:05 PM 4/9/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Has anybody taken a look at the Eldar yet? When buying aspects it looks
>like Banshee/Dire Avenger/Scorpion are all the same. While they gave the
>exarch the assault ability. I would have thought the Exarch would have
>gotten the hero ability while the Banshee/Scorpion got the assault and the
>Avengers had the base stats. Am I reading this right?

Yes, yes, yes. They completely mucked it up. For example, Dark Reapers
suck compared to any other race's heavy troops (per point value, not per
stand). I would agree that DAs and FDs should have base stats, and HBs and
SSs should have assault, but that would mean exarchs would have to be
seriously restricted, or every aspect stand would be a hero, and get the 4+
Save (subject to points, of course, but the possibility would exist). For 1
point/stand, there is no reason to not take an exarch on every aspect stand
(except DRs, and they suck). I see a lot of Swooping Hawk models being used
in the Eldar's future.

>Has anybody figured out how the points were modified for the various
>skills yet? It doesn't look like it will be that hard to crack.

Hero is about 5 points, assault is about 1, psyker seems to be 10 all the
way across the board, Heavy weapons is 8-10, rampage is 1, jump packs is
3-4, stubborn is 2, and infiltrators is 1.

These are all for Joe Trooper. They cost more for terminators, GDs and the
like.

Temp