Re: [Epic] Eldar and 40K

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 17:20:40 -0400 (EDT)

duckrvr_at_... writes:
> At 03:33 PM 4/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
> > but 3VPs for shooting 2 of them is much worse than
> >3VPs for shooting 4 of them.
>
> IIRC, the thunderers are 5 for 300pts. That means they either have a break
> point of 3 for 3 pts or 4 for 4 points. Either way it is better, but not
> drastically.

        I'll check when Aaron gets back, but I think it is 4 for 3VPs,
making them about twice as hard to break as Dark Reapers (6+ save
being of little influence on this)

> Maybe I'm missing something, but if they are in falcons they can get into
> cover on advance orders in turn one as long as the front of the cover is
> within 20 cm. That's 20 cm for the falcons to hop over stuff, spread them
> out so the DRs can fit between them, and unload them to the rear and to the
> side. They can fire that turn. I've done it several times.

        I suppose you can do this, but this involves leaving your
Falcons exposed to lots of advance fire on the 1st turn, something I
desperately try to avoid on turn 1, and sometimes turn 2, otherwise,
my short ranged troops just don't get there before they die against
the long-ranged Imperial/Squat firepower. Doesn't seem worth it to
spend 150 points to get your DRs into place.

        But on even ground, I think Thunderers will outshoot against
DRs every time. They have more staying power, and get into place
faster or sacrifice cheaper transports to do so.

Mark