Re: [Epic] land raider firepower [E40K]

From: The Ogre <the.ogre_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 13:39:36 -0700

Chris Plummer wrote:

> > > also remember that a super heavy wweapon loses one shot per blast
> marker
> > > if the detachment doesn't have any "ordinary" firepower it can use
> > > soak up the penalty - eg 3 LRs in a detachment with 2 blast
> markers fire
> > > 4 antitank shots, not 6.
> >
> > I'm sorry, could you give me a page number where this rule is? As
> far as
> > I can see super heavy weapons are not affected by blast.
> >
> Might be a small problem, but in the rule book on page 18, it states
> that detachments firepower is reduced by one for each blast marker.
> The problem is that many of the super heavy weapons don't use the
> firepower table, ie Eldar's pulsar , Death Ray, Disrupt, Distortion
> Cannon......, these weapons are assumed to have a firepower of 1 in a
> firefight (pg 43) but during the shooting phase, which is a totaly
> different phase, it's not clear how that would work.

IMHO I think they ought to loose firepower (i.e. one shot per
blastmarker in effect), as blastmarkers represent disruption, and there
is a firepower value given in the tables for Super heavy weapons,
(amongst others), and it seems silly to me that anything with a SHW
should ignore the effects of being disrupted, just cos its got a big gun
doesn't mean IMO that they can prance about the battlefield not giving a
damn...
In anycase I shall e-mail Jervis about this....

> Here's another point on pg 32, the rules say that an anti-tank shot
> always treats the targets Armor value as 4 even if it's 5 or 6 ( I
> assume it's because of the penetration power). Well if the Tank is
> firing on a Eldar Guardian or Orcish Gretchin (spelling?) their normal
> armor value is 3. I assume that their armor didn't get any better so
> we would use armor value 3.
>
> I called the GW 1-800 # for gaming questions (got it off of theit
> webpage), talked to a support person by the name of Richard. He agreed
> that the armor value should stay at 3. Did not ask about the blast
> markers and non-firepower super heavy weapons. Will do tomorrow.

Incorrect - The rulez boyz usually are in discrete and querstionable
question... They always hit on a 4+ for Anti Tank... Even if the armour
is 3, 5, 6, or whatever... Which is where SH Weps loose out. It is
because it takes the same number of shots to shoot a tank once, as it
would do to take out an infantry stand!

Alright

Laterz