Re: [Epic] Epic 40k - answers to our questions!

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 12:03:32 +0100

PAspin3551_at_... wrote:

> Concerning answer 1,
>
> Our games workshop says differently. Blast markers have no effect on special
> weapons, other than to stop them moving and firing with leadership tests.

Tell 'em Jervis says different.

> Also, it says in the rule book that war engines and things like them for the
> most part ignore blast markers - if one blast marker takes out a death ray,
> then that wouldnt seem the case to me.

Where does it say that blast markers do not affect their shooting?
But most war engines also have a weapon with "true" firepower - so take
the minuses on this one, and fire all of the death rays at full effect.

> For a final example, in white Dwarf 208, the last E40K battle, with the Orc
> Gargant. It was covered with blast markers, as the entire spacemarine army
> was shooting at it, yet it was still fireing its special wqeapons. The same
> with the land raiders also used in those battles.

In game 1, the situation never arose.

In game 2, the great gargant has shoulder batteries with FP - so the ork
player can take the penalties on these. I note that 8fp=8dice from the
hvy weapons battery produced only 1 hit - perhaps as a result of the
blast markers effect. The Raiders were destroyed before blast markers
had begun to accumulate.

Richard