Re: [Epic] Epic 40k - answers to our questions!

From: The Ogre <the.ogre_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 23:37:58 -0700

PAspin3551_at_... wrote:

> Concerning answer 1,
>
> Our games workshop says differently. Blast markers have no effect on special
> weapons, other than to stop them moving and firing with leadership tests.
>
> Otherwise, war engines and titans are completely useless! It only takes 4
> guardian stands to stop and shadowsword firing its death ray! 20 guardians
> arnt going to stop that thing firning in any hurry.
>
> Also, it says in the rule book that war engines and things like them for the
> most part ignore blast markers - if one blast marker takes out a death ray,
> then that wouldnt seem the case to me.
>
> For a final example, in white Dwarf 208, the last E40K battle, with the Orc
> Gargant. It was covered with blast markers, as the entire spacemarine army
> was shooting at it, yet it was still fireing its special wqeapons. The same
> with the land raiders also used in those battles.
>
> Kris Aspinall

Ya, the Gargant was still firing its special weapons because the blast
markers are taking their effect on a different weapon system! Which is
prefectly reasonable.... I shall check my rule book later, but sure,
Warmachines might ignore blastmarkers I don't know (but I doubt it as it
has never been noticed in all the games I have so far played!)....

As to the example of Guardians harrying the War machines, well nothing
is invulnerable, and it is represented by the armour value of the war
machines.... Plus, if you know about the Guardians doing what they do,
you would annihilate them first would you not (as in the moral of Know
Your Enemy!)...

And as to you local GW saying different, if they dont know any different
they will say no different, you need to be in a position of
responsiblity or trust with the staff to bind your words....

What is the store by the way Kris?

Laterz