Re[2]: [Epic] Those Super Heavy weapons - long (winded)

From: Andy Meechan <a.meechan_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 97 16:15:07 gmt

Well, I can't point to where it says they aren't affected, because they are.
But I CAN point that out to you. Page 31, in the box "SHWs and Blast
markers," paragraph 1, last sentence - "The number of SHWs fired . . . before
modification for Assaulting, _BLAST MARKERS_, etc."

So they clearly ARE affected by Blast markers. If you don't like it, make a
house rule.

     Phew! thanks for actually quoting (although the sentence runs "The
     number of blast markers placed..." in my manual). It seems, with
     reference to 'the detachment' that the point is still slightly
     ambiguous where you have a mix of Land Raiders and infantry - after
     all, do you then play that a SHWeapon is affected by Assault orders
     (e.g. of 3 Death Rays only 2 fire)? And what then gets preference when
     blast markers reduce the FP of the detachment - FP or SHWeapons?

     I'll drop out here as the thread seems to be stalemate (i.e. i'm still
     not convinced) and the rest of the list will be getting bored.
     Rulesboyz_at_gwus seem to think the same way I do, but for the real
     answer we have to await the primarchs.

     Is anyone collecting FAQs to pass on to GWUK?

     -Andy-