Re: [Epic] Army composition, battle report

From: Bayani R Caes <LordSigma+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 14:43:44 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from epic: 16-Apr-97 Re: [Epic] Army composition.. by Mark A
Shieh_at_...
> Our group has played a total of one game, with unbalanced
> forces. (I chose stompy troops, he didn't.

I mentioned this in the store the next day, the bit about needing to
take big nasty stuff. It's an insiduous plan: to have a chance against
the other guy, you need to take big (ergo money-expensive) units.
(Diabolical!)

[snip: Detachments and battle report, all accurate, except that *I* was
playing Imperials, not Mark]
> We then called the game off due to his lack of flyers and War engines.

Time to rearrange the painting queue....

> > 3. Any strategic insight for each army - esp. SM, yea.
>
> Yeah, figure out what unit in your army is biggest, looks the
> baddest, and can soak up the most fire without dying. Field a few in
> and stick them in prominent places. Mine appears to be the Revenant.
> This tactic worked beautifully in Epic 2nd edition as well.

Fraggin' CapImp disappeared on me, just after I get my hands on one (grrr).

-BC