Re: [Epic] [Epic40k]Eldar Heat Lance

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 10:57:00 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, Timothy J. Kilgore wrote:

> I'm rather ticked that the heat lance has been taken off the titans. Now
> you have the option of Pulsar, Distortion Cannon, or Power Fist. Also the
> eldar have absolutley no Death Rays. So I'm thinkning one of two things
> here. Bring back the Heat lance as a death ray only or how about some
> special rules.
>
> Heat Lance
>
> Range To hit
> 0-30 2+ Automatic critical also d4 damage
> 0-45 3+ Automatic critical also d2 damage
> 0-60 4+ Automatic critical
>
> this is to representthe fact that it needs to be used as close nasty
> support. IT sorta goes of the old rules and sorta along with the new ones.
> If it hits something with shields up it only takes out 1 shield, even if it
> supposed to do d4 or d2 damage.
>
> What do people think. Death rays are supposed to cause automatic damage
> anyway, right? At far range it's a little bit better that an anti tank and
> at close range it nasty, appropriate for a titan.

I don't like it... too complicated... how about make it a 30cm range SHW
that does d3 Death Ray hits. There's your short range killing power. If
you want long range you take Pulsars. And it fits better into the
rules... too many house rules like this and you're back to 2nd. ed.

Nothing personal... I like the concept quite a bit.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy