RE: [Epic][E40k] A few comments on E40k

From: Peacekeeper-� <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 16:52:25 -0400

----------
From: duckrvr_at_...[SMTP:duckrvr@...]
Sent: Friday, April 18, 1997 11:42 PM
To: space-marine_at_...
Subject: RE: [Epic][E40k] A few comments on E40k

At 11:19 AM 4/18/97 -0400, you wrote:

>One thing I noticed. Most people seem to be creating general purpose
detachments.

Not that I noticed.

> Has anyone given though to specilized detachments.

Um, yes. There have been several posts on constructing arty detachments,
assault detachments, support detachmets, and shooty detachments.

>Eldar Fire support Detachment.
>
>5 Dark reapers with Exarchs in Falcons.
>4 dreadnoughts
>9 support platforms.

I don't think there is any point in having the falcons unless you are just
trying to make the detachment bigger. They are expensive, and because they
are linked to the (slow) infantry, you remove lots of their maneuverability.

You got it, they are there mainly to provide armour and to give a bigger detachment, something the eldar have trouble with.

                                -James