[Epic] Redemption (was) Old Epic

From: <JEberhardt_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:18:01 -0700

>> By the way, any news about the epic computer game? Is it still
>> being made? Which edition will it be? (could be both, like the blood
>> bowl fiasco?)

> I dunno. I haven't heard about this in a long long time. I remember
> looking at its screen shots and stats and thinking, "my, what an
> inferior looking product." But that was quite a long time ago.

Yup, we're still doing it. At this point, the working title is
"Redemption." The old version that you saw was probably the real-time
version of the game - and yeah, it wasn't all that hot. What we've got now
is in 16-bit color (looks a heck of a lot better), and is phase based. If
you're familiar with any of our other games, you can start by thinking of
an Epic version of Steel Panthers...

'Skinda based on both. We started off the project with the 2nd edition,
but since then, 40K has come out. I'd love to get some feedback from
people, but I don't want to flood the newsgroup with this.

>> (really, orks vs. imperial guard, are they trying to be trite?)

There are Ultramarines, too. Hey - worked in Battle for Armageddon...

- Eb